Friday, July 23, 2010

Texan Top 10

Could it be?  Has it really taken only five weeks to become a Texan?  Please observe:

10.  My shoulders are a beautiful golden brown that I haven't seen since high school spring break trips.

9.  My eczema has vanished, thanks to the humidity.  Oh happy day!

8.  My nails and hair are growing like weeds, thanks to the humidity.  Hoorah!  (Who knew I'd one day be grateful for humidity?)

7.  My bruise-proned skin heals much faster with the greater intake of Vitamin D from the sun, or so I'm assuming.  (More on bruises next time.)

6.  "Y'all" has been popping up in my vocabulary much more frequently.

5.  I can now understand the lazy drawl of two old men fishing together and translate the conversation for Scott who constantly asks, "what was that?"

4.  I no longer check my sheets or shoes for spiders.  Takes too much effort when I know a poisonous bite can be combatted in minutes with a drive to the nearest hospital and a dose of antibiotics or whatever it is they give you.

3.  I no longer engage in the constant wiping of sweat off my brow or back.  Either I'm not sweating as much, or I just don't care.  Let it roll.  Otherwise, I'll work up more of a sweat trying to wipe off what's there!

2.  I wear pants when it's less than 80 degrees out.

1.  I have blonde highlights in my hair.  However, this has much more to do with hiding my abundant gray hairs (No joke, y'all!) than with wanting to become a Texas blonde.  Guess it comes with turning 30!

And the countdown to 30 is on!  One more week, y'all!  (See, I'm totally a Texan.  Heh!)

No comments:

Post a Comment