Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Whew!

Whew!  We've moved in to our new house.  Whew!  We've finished unpacking.  This girl is pooped!  Wanna see where we're living?


I just love this house.  It's the perfect size for us and has all the upgrades you could want since it was the model home for our neighborhood.  Let me give you the grand tour. 

This is the front entrance.  The foyer is very spacious so one of the first pieces of furniture we bought was the cedar chest you see on the right.  We bought it at an antique furniture store for a bargain.  I'll do a close up on it later for you.  Right now I just want you to see the lay of the land.  The open doorway on the left is the master bedroom.  I'm in love with it!


No, I did not make my bed for you, or tidy up the pillows, or put away the drill and nails for hanging pictures.  Again, lay of the land only.  I"ll post before and afters when I'm done, and then you'll get the tidy version.  Anyway, this master suit fits all of our bedroom furniture and old living room furniture.  It's like an efficiency apartment it's so big!



And, alas, we're sharing a bathroom again.  


We haven't had double sinks for so long!  And, hello?  Jacuzzi tub anyone?  I can't wait to jump into that baby!  This room will get new paint.  I don't mind the light blue, it just doesn't go with our stuff.  Okay, moving on.  As you leave the master suite and return to the foyer you see the living room.



By the end of this week there will be a leather recliner in place of the vaccuum cleaner, and Alley's crate will be in the basement, probably replaced by a large plant or something.  Like the TV?  We bought that from the owners.  Scott's totally in love!  The room opens up to the left where our sectional couch is located, and on the right is the eat-in kitchen.  



We have so much cupboard space and it all comes with the roll out shelves.  Love that.  There are granite countertops, and of course, stainless appliances.  But, the fridge is that imitation stainless I've been seeing a lot more of.  To be honest, I really like it.  No fingerprints!  Less to clean.  Amen.  From here, if you turn to your left you see the formal dining room.


I've never had a real dining room and I'm pretty excited.  As you can see, we need furniture.  Before Thanksgiving.  Because 18 people will be here.  Have mercy.  This room will also be getting new paint. I'm not a fan of this red, mostly because it's more of a dark salmon color.  Some days it looks pinkish, some days orange, but never really red.  We'll see what inspires me for this room.  Now, keep turning left and you'll see the sunroom, which is a pool room.  


We bought the pool table from the owners.  Scott's totally in love!  So is kitty.  Thank God for plastic covers.  The walls behind me to my right and left are all windows.  There's so much natural light in this house.  It makes me very happy!  So much better than the dark, cramped, ghetto box we spent the last three months in down in Texas.  This room might get paint.  It's sorta the last room on my list.  We'll also hang a TV in here.  It will be the fun room when we have guests over.  Now, if you go back through the kitchen and living room you'll find the guest bedrooms on the other end of the house.


This room is being used as an office, and Scott's man cave.  He plays his video games on this TV.  We've ordered a sleeper sofa for the wall that is now occupied by the recliner.  More room for overnight guests. Yeah! 


 

And this is the guest bedroom.  We just bought an antique dresser and mirror for this room, but I need to sand it down and paint it.  This room will also get new paint on the walls.  It's very blue right now.  Again, we'll see what inspires me here.  Finally, we end our tour with a trip outside.  


We have a great, spacious patio for entertaining, and a ginormous, fenced-in back yard for Alley.  She loves it!


Seriously, you could play some serious football back here!  So that's our new house.  Can't wait to show you the finished product.  Visitors Welcome!















5 comments:

  1. i love the hardwood floors and the huge backyard. awesome house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin! it's so Beautiful! can't wait to see all the before's and afters (and close ups of the new furniture!)-beki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your place is huge! Looking forward to playing some pool at Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete