Friday, July 16, 2010

Bocce and Cobbler

Here's the great thing about being with Scott for his summer of training.  It has been our experience that the Air Force tries to cram one month's worth of education into three months.  No, I did not mistype that.  His work days are short, and he's often released early.  I suppose the assumption is that the students will be spending their time wisely by studying after their early release.  Rarely is that the case for Scott, though I'll attribute that to his mega-brain and affinity to osmosis.  Boyfriend learns quickly and retains well.  Unless he's listening to me, of course.

So these shorter hours allow us to enjoy a lot of time together, and enjoy time with classmates and friends.  I briefly mentioned Scott's classmate from Bangladesh in this post and was excited to document some of his "American firsts".  Last night we introduced Mr. Bangladesh to Bocce Ball.


Paul, the quintessential teacher who I'll introduce you to later, explained the rules and the game began.  If you've ever played Bocce you know that grassy terrain can be deceiving, especially when the grounds crew is behind on mowing!  It can make for dramatic games I tell you.  



We have some serious competitors here.  "The Teacher" was sure to measure the distance of the balls to make sure points were awarded accurately.  His is a very scientific method of measurement using his feet.

While the games continued we grilled a feast of chicken and veggie kabobs, and ended with homemade Blackberry Cobbler a la Pioneer Woman


 I think Mr. Bangladesh liked Bocce fine, but I know he liked the food!

No comments:

Post a Comment