Saturday, June 5, 2010

Cue Boyz II Men

Transient Xpress is on the move! The packers came yesterday to box everything up, and now we're living in base temorary living facilities (TLF). No matter how many times we move with the Air Force I never seem to get used to the bare walls and cardboard obstacle course of boxes. It's amazing how a house can look so empty even though it's littered with your packed belongings.

With every move comes the dreaded goodbyes too. I feel so fortunate to make friends everywhere we go, but unfortunate in that I have to say goodbye to people who have touched my life in wonderful ways. The goodbyes last for days. Lunches here, dinners there; awesome and sad all at the same time. Cue Boyz II Men: "It's So Hard To Say Goodbye"!

Thursday night was one of those nights. For the last year I have enjoyed the serendipitous friendship of six fabulous women, a "club" we named the ETC. I can't imagine what my Thursday nights will be like without them! After a night of gut-busting laughs (as always) we exchanged tearful hugs and I proceeded to cry all the way home while the lyrics repeated in my head as if they were on replay: "And I'll taaaaake with me the memoriiiiiieeeees....." Memories of Lynchburg Lemonades, Beer Margaritas, sore abs, and chihuahua-pee-stained curtains to name a few! And they'll definitely, "be my sunshiiiiiiiiiine after the raaaaaaaiiiiin."

Reflections such as this will continue until we drive out of town on Thursday. Can't help it. All part of the process of closure I guess. And I'll share it all with you over the next few days. Here we go....

No comments:

Post a Comment