Saturday, January 15, 2011

Strawberry Fields Forever

So this past week the assignment for MCP Project 52 was to take a photo that depicted a song.  When I opened the fridge and saw this happy fruit I couldn't resist.

Strawberry Fields Forever
The Beatles

So I really enjoy music, but I'm not a junkie.  I can quickly indentify a tune, and I might know the words of the chorus, but tell you the band who sings it or sing all of the lyrics . . . forget it.  I've always identified with music more than lyrics.  So looking at the fruit I could hear the chorus of the song in my head, but I wasn't sure if the title was Strawberry Fields Forever, or just Strawberry Fields.  After Googling the proper title I learned something else I never knew.  There is a memorial in Central Park called Strawberry Fields, built in memory of John Lennon.  I've been to Central Park a couple of times and I've never found this.  Something to look for next time I'm in NYC.  This summer I intend to spend a long weekend in the city and waste  my days in Central Park reading, walking, sunbathing, whatever.  It's such an enormous park I'm pretty sure I've seen less than a quarter of it.  

Anyway, this photo was never actually submitted.  I've been experiencing technical difficulty with my internet connection this week.  It was driving me crazy!  Today Scott fixed the problem, but the deadline for submissions was yesterday.  Oh well.  C'est la vie!  On to next week's assignment: Shades of Gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment