Monday, December 20, 2010

Thanksgiving

I have no pictures of Thanksgiving.  I was too busy cooking and playing hostess with the mostest.

But this Thanksgiving will go down as one of the best holidays I can remember.  First, I was proud to have finished decorating our new home and couldn't wait to show our family.  They loved it.  Second, we almost never had visitors in North Dakota so we were thrilled our families came out to visit us here so soon after we moved in.  Third, our families have fun together and enjoy each other (all 15 that were present).  No need for us to entertain them.  Fourth, everyone was so eager to help me with kitchen duties that I was able to mingle and even get off my feet for a while.  Couldn't have been more perfect.

Having said that, let me now give full disclosure.  The morning the last family members left we were still in our pajamas . . . and we never got out of them.  The dog and cat passed out for the entire day, and we never left the couch, except to eat leftovers.  So, what I can share with you about Thanksgiving (since I have no pictures) is my menu.  Don't you just love eating yourself into a coma and grazing on leftovers for days to come?

Turkey - made in the greatest turkey fryer ever!
Stuffing - Sadly, Stovetop.  I didn't have it in me for one more homemade recipe.
Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Potato Casserole
Green Bean Casserole
Acorn Squash
Corn Casserole
Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pie
Apple Pie

What was on your menu?  Or what are you planning to make for Christmas?  I just love me some good holiday cookin' and bakin'!  Speaking of baking . . . shout out to my old coworkers who just had their annual cookie exchange.  Wish I could have been there!

No comments:

Post a Comment