Monday, December 13, 2010

Minimalist

That's what I am when it comes to holiday decorations.  I'm hanging on to that expression as an excuse for my pathetic display.  But let me show you why I'm a minimalist.


Every morning I wake to see this.  A certain kitty, who shall remain nameless, loves to hide under the tree.  I think it brings out her wild instincts because after a good nap she wakes up ready to stalk her prey from under the cover of the branches.  She digs at the tree skirt, bolts to another room, then charges back under the tree and rolls around and digs some more.  She even pounces on the skirt.  Now, imagine what she'd do to the ornaments if we hung them.  It ain't pretty!  Many a bulb have met their fate sooner than necessary thanks to her climbing.  


So besides lights and an angel topper, we leave the tree alone.  We have stockings and candles too, but that about covers the Christmas decor.  Pa-Thetic!  Definitely working on that this year.  Waiting for the end-of-the-season sales.  Until then, we'll just enjoy the colorful glow.



No comments:

Post a Comment