Thursday, February 17, 2011

Like A Virgin

I've been singing Madonna's hit song for weeks.

I made it through the wilderness
Somehow I made it through

That's how I feel about my exam marathon that started the first week of February and was compounded by a sneak-attack, ninja sinus infection.  Whew!  It started with my Anatomy and Physiology lab practical, and a runny nose.  One wrong, which I would have argued if I didn't have three more exams to rush home to study for.  No, I was not cramming.  I had studied for days prior to this.  I just wanted to be overly prepared as these exams were the first ones of the semester.  Though my professors told us what to know, I wasn't sure how they'd test for comprehension.  I may be able to match words to a diagram, but to think of all the anatomical terms of the body on my own would require more work.  That's what I was preparing for.  And having metric conversion charts at work to reference is one thing, but being tested on conversions would require me to memorize them.  That's what I was preparing for.  You get the picture.

Thank goodness I did go home to continue studying because the next day I was rocked with a full blown sinus infection.  So congested I couldn't breathe, yet my nose was running like a raging rapid.  Itchy eyes felt like sandpaper, yet they were watering like a garden hose.  Head pounded with pressure, yet I was dizzy like a merry-go-round addict on the playground.  I reviewed flash cards and notes.  That was all I could muster.  It would have to do.  Wednesday I attended class high on Benedryl.  I focused as best I could for my Chemistry and Anatomy exams and hoped it was enough.  Thursday I sat in front of my computer, feeling a little better.  It was time to take my Math test online.  It took me longer than I expected, but I believe that was due to having to show my work.  Not complaining about showing my work, but it was akward to have to type it out rather than write it out.  I felt good about my answers.  The great thing about online tests is you get your score instantly.  One wrong, 96%.  I'll take it!

Turns out I got an A on all four of the exams that week.  Fab-u-lous, considering I was sick or high on cold medicine!  The following week (last week) I had another Anatomy and Physiology exam (they never stop) and a Psychology exam.  I'm proud to say I earned more A's.  But this week, the joy of straight A's turned into pressure.  I don't want to ruin the streak!  Hopefully it worked out in my favor for this week's Chemistry exam,

So, you can see why I feel like I, "made it through the wilderness".  Although, I'm technically not out of it.  Another Math exam and lab practical next week.  Jeez Louise!  Off to study.  Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment