Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 to the X power

Once again, it's been too long since I posted. This holiday break has been my laziest week and a half of 2009. I have watched more movies and played more games on my new iPod Touch. Here's to 2010 and rejoining the world of productivity! I'm actually looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. The Christmas tree is on the curb, decorations are packed away, and the umpteen million strands of lights are down and detangled. Amen!

So, 2010 is here. Do you have a new year's resolution? I don't. I gave up on resolutions a few years ago. I figured I should be striving to be a better person all the time, not just in January. And I believe I've resolved to get in shape ever since our wedding 6 1/2 years ago. Heh. However, I can proudly say that I have consistently done P90X every day for three straight weeks, thanks to my partner in crime! If Scott wasn't doing this with me, I would not be motivated. Pretty sure I mentioned that in a previous post too. If I had to choose a resolution it would be to consistently work out, because I've already been doing it so you can't say I've failed. Take that resolution police!

The first three weeks of this program have kicked my arse! I considered myself pretty fit when I started. Boy was I wrong! But the videos are easy to follow and, as they suggest, I just keep showing up and pressing play. I may be angry when I start working out, but by the end of the warm-up I'm game. I can't tell you how many times I've said, "I hate this," when we get to certain exercises, but I am seeing improvements already. I can even make it all the way through hell, otherwise known as Ab Ripper X. If you know about P90X then you know how impressive that last statement is for a beginner like me. If not, I'm sorry. I don't have the words to describe the hell that is Ab Ripper X. Google it. Maybe there's a video clip out there.

So, going strong after three weeks of a 90 day program to get not just fit, but fit to the X power. Fitting for Transient Xpress, you know, change and X factors and all. Heh, heh. Bueller? Bueller?

Anyway, wishing you a healthy and happy 2010...to the X power! And if you've chosen a resolution for the new year I hope you've made it as fail-proof as mine. I kid, I kid. Go for it! I support you 100%.


No comments:

Post a Comment